Atlantis Books has bookstores in Rotorua, Tokoroa and Whakatane with a focus on quality used books at great prices. We have the added facility of accepting used books in exchange for store credit.
Looking for a particular book or author? Contact us using the Request a Book link and we'll see what we have in stock across our three stores.
Are you travelling? Let us know ahead of time what you are looking for and if we've got it we can make sure it is in the nearest store to where you are staying.
We hope to see you in one of our stores soon.
First published in 1873, Pakeha Rambles Through Maori Lands is a first-hand account of life in early colonial New Zealand. The book includes:
- Four chapters on life in the Waikato during the 1830s.
- The defense of Rotorua in 1867 against Hauhau attack.
- Ambushes in the bush around Opotiki and the hunt for Te Kooti.
- Visits to early Taupo and Huka Falls.
- The aftermath of the Poverty Bay Massacre of 1868.
- An early visit to the natural wonders of Lake Waikaremoana.
- A coach ride from Wellington to Taranaki in the 1870s.