- These terms and conditions are the contract between you and Atlantis Books (“us”, “we”, etc). By visiting or using our website in any way, or shopping in our store, you agree to be bound by them.
- Atlantis Books is the trading name of: Atlantis Group Limited, a company registered in New Zealand. Our address is 1206 Eruera Street, Rotorua.
- You are: Anyone who uses our website, shops in our store, or uses our services.
- Correspondence with us relating to these terms and conditions, or any other matter, can be directed to our address above, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are primarily a used bookseller. This means our stock is made up mostly of used (second hand) books. While we try to label every single used book with “used book” stickers, sometimes these fall off, customers pick them off, or the nature of the cover means a sticker could compromise or damage the book (especially with older volumes). This means, as we are a used bookseller, all books mentioned via our website, social media, or found in store are second hand, unless noted otherwise.
- When selling a used book (or any other product), we guarantee that it is in acceptable condition and fit for purpose. If we are selling it online, we guarantee that our description and details provided are accurate.
- We charge for shipping. This will be an additional charge that will need to be worked out, if not already included in an online listing. For more on shipping see our shipping terms and conditions.
- If you are not in New Zealand, we have no knowledge of, and no responsibility for, the laws in your country. You are responsible for only purchasing books which you are lawfully able to import and for the payment of import duties and taxes of any kind levied in your country.
- Layby is not offered under any circumstances.
- We charge a set shipping rate per order of $5 for regular domestic shipping and $10 per order ($5 extra) for rural delivery.
- Orders over $100 have free shipping inside New Zealand.
- Pick up from our store is available during business hours. Please keep an eye on shop hours as Covid-19, alert levels or lockdowns could disrupt normal operational hours. Before coming in check your order is ready for collection. We will try and do this as soon as possible.
- All products are available for pick up or will be shipped from Atlantis Books, 1206 Eruera Street, Rotorua.
- We do not currently ship internationally.
- We ship domestic packages from our Rotorua store five days a week using Toll NZ's parcel and courier service.
- In the event your purchase is damaged or lost in transit, you are eligible for a full refund. Please see the Terms and Conditions page for full details.
- If you purchase a product from us online and the product was incorrectly described (this could include, but not limited to, bibliographic information, or listed damage), you are eligible for a full refund.
- If you purchase a product in-store and later realize there is a fault with it, or it was in an unacceptable condition (this could include, but not limited to, missing pages in a book), you are eligible for a full refund. Note, this does not include damage or loss to the product that occurs after you leave the store, or normal wear and tear in second-hand books which would be obvious to a reasonable consumer while browsing the store.
- If you purchase a product from us that is shipped to you, and it is damaged in transit, you are eligible for a full refund.
- If you have just changed your mind about a purchase or your circumstances have changed, there is no right to a refund. The exception to this is if we list items for sale on a third party website and this option is offered there.
- If you believe you are eligible for a refund on any of the above grounds, we reserve the right to ask you for the following before agreeing to a refund:
b) proof of the problem, such as with photos.
c) for the item to be returned for inspection.
d) proof of purchase.
- We do not currently buy second-hand books for cash.
- We do however offer store credit for second-hand books that are brought into the store.
- Every book and situation is a little different, so we cannot tell you ahead of time exactly what we will accept or how much we will offer. Multiple things can influence this decision, such as industry trends, market values, what we currently have in stock, and the condition the books come in.
- There are some types of books we will not accept, such as Readers Digest, former library books, encyclopedias, magazines, damaged books, free books (like Gideon Bibles or books given out by reading programs in schools), and we are very selective in what we take in terms of cooking, gardening, sport and health books.
- Store credit can be used immediately or kept on file for up to two years after last use. With disruptions around Covid-19, we are keeping all credit files current as we understand not everyone is able to travel as much as they used to.
- Store credit can be used to buy anything in-store. It cannot, however, be used to order books in. We are predominantly a second hand bookstore and thus do not have relationships with most publishers or new book suppliers.
- If you want to give your store credit away, store credit can be turned into a book voucher.
Updated 21 January 2022